Customer Mode Testing
Make sure your site functionality is tested and verified, to allow you to focus on marketing and fulfillment activities.
I continue to be surprised with store owners that are surprised to find errors or problems in their store processes on launch day.
Me: Did you test?
Them: Yes for sure!
What went wrong with the testing?
- Test like you are a customer - not as Admin
- Customer Mode
- Clean browser cache
- Test on different browsers and different devices - as much as possible
- Have colleagues test and friends
- Use online tools to verify
- Test mobile first
What to test?
Customer Mode - test buying in your store, do all links work, can I signup to the newsletter, menus working, and pages and images loading correctly, add to cart, go to checkout, buy.
This is a very simplified testing checklist below, there are more intense testing that can be performed and when problems arise error messages to uncover, and other troubleshooting procedures. Start with the simplified version first and get good at testing in customer mode!
- Homepage loading correctly on all devices and browsers
- Newsletter signup
- Footer links working
- No overlap chat icons and other on page
- Products in the correct collections
- Product pages loading correctly and no sliding up and down to make a selection
- Variants matched up correctly
- Prices correct
- Add to Cart button stands out
- Size charts can be found and other details
- Add to Cart works
- Cart is correct and not too busy
- Checkout button clearly defined
- Checkout button works
- Checkout has no errors - shipping details, clear instructions
- Payment processing works perfectly
- Invoicing is professional and clear
- Chat and email, contact forms all easy to connect with for questions
- All things work!
- Making changes or returning to complete order works
BONUS: Verify all apps are working as should - if not seek help.
I can help.